The cultivation of navigation skills and ship safety are key issues in the field of ship transportation. The traditional ship training method mainly relies on the actual ship operation, however, this method has problems such as high cost, high risk and limited to specific sea environment. In order to overcome these challenges, the six-degree-of-freedom ship simulation training system has emerged as the times require, and it has become an important tool to improve ship operation skills and enhance navigation safety.
The six-degree-of-freedom ship simulation training system plays an important role in the field of ship training and research. It can play a role in training ship operating skills, optimizing ship design and operation, studying ship dynamics and control, and saving costs and resources. The following key aspects need to be considered in the design of a six-degree-of-freedom ship simulation training system:
1. Establishment of the ship model: firstly, an accurate ship dynamics model needs to be established to simulate the movement of the ship in six degrees of freedom. This includes kinematic equations, mechanical equations and drag models of the ship, etc. Ship models can be modeled based on physics or using a data-driven approach.
2. Hardware platform: choose a suitable hardware platform to realize the six-degree-of-freedom ship simulation training system. This may involve the use of motion platforms, force feedback devices, visual and audio equipment, etc. The motion platform needs to be able to provide motion simulation of the ship in six degrees of freedom, and the force feedback device can simulate the steering feeling of the ship in different operating situations.
3. Software development: develop corresponding software to control the hardware platform, and realize the motion simulation and interactive training functions of the ship model. This includes writing algorithms for the numerical solution of ship dynamics models, designing user interfaces and interactive features, and providing training scenarios and tasks.
4. Design of training scenarios and tasks: According to training objectives and needs, design different training scenarios and tasks. This can include launching and docking of ships, attitude adjustments during voyages, emergency response in emergency situations, etc. Training tasks should have progressively increasing difficulty and complexity to help trainers gradually develop skills and abilities.
5. Data recording and evaluation: The system should have data recording and evaluation functions so that trainers can review the training process and evaluate the training results. This can include recording trainer performance data, vessel motion data and training results, as well as providing evaluation metrics and feedback.
Designing a 6dof ship simulation training system is a complex engineering project that involves multiple disciplines, such as ship engineering, control engineering, and computer science. Ensuring system accuracy, real-time and reliability are important considerations in the design process. During the design process, it is best to collaborate with marine experts, simulation training professionals, and software and hardware engineers to ensure that the system meets training needs and provides a good user experience. Nanjing Quankong specializes in the production and development of three/six degrees of freedom motion platforms, and has a lot of project experience and cases for the development of six degrees of freedom ship simulation training systems.
The main requirements for the functions of the six-degree-of-freedom ship simulation training system are as follows:
1. Configure the deck motion control program, which can give the motion parameters of the simulated motion platform under different sea conditions, adjust the attitude of the platform, and manipulate the motion of the platform according to the input parameters of the wave spectrum and ship model;
2. It can simulate six degrees of freedom of ship longitudinal movement (surge), transverse movement (sway), heave (heave), pitch, roll and yaw;
3. It has the ability to pitch, roll and yaw around different centers of gravity/buoyancy, and can simulate the movement characteristics of ships of different tonnages and ship types;
4. Rocking motion and horizontal motion can be separated or combined (such as independent heave, independent rocking or coupled motion), which can realize strongly coupled nonlinear motion;
5. Possess the function of collecting attitude, angular velocity, angular acceleration, linear velocity, and linear acceleration of the deck; have the function of positioning and heading measurement (the attitude measurement device and the dual-antenna differential GPS device are provided by Party A, and Party B is responsible for the installation and integration, and configures the corresponding power supply and data acquisition interface);
6. Equipped with motion control computer and controller (control cabinet);
7. Configure the simulated take-off and landing deck, including the platform of the take-off and landing area and the sign of the take-off and landing area;
8. The swing table is equipped with airborne equipment or shipboard equipment to install fixed interfaces, and the interfaces cannot be raised to meet the maximum load loading and fixing capacity;
9. The swinging table can be used for fixed deployment and vehicle-mounted mobile use (this time only the interface for vehicle-mounted mobile use is reserved), the chassis is equipped with a fixed structure, and it is equipped with an installation and fixed interface that can be fixed on the ground or on a flatbed trailer;
10. The swing table, energy system, and control cabinet adopt independent module design, which supports independent hoisting, transportation and separate deployment;
11. The system is equipped with a safety protection device, and the ground and above the swing table are equipped with a quick stop movement emergency switch, which can also realize remote emergency shutdown;
12. The system has a power-off protection function (the motor adopts a brake design, the motor will only run when the brake is opened before running, and the brake is locked after the power is cut off, and the platform maintains the posture when the power is cut off);
13. It meets the requirements of the harsh outdoor environment, and is deployed on the ground, and has certain three-defense capabilities and waterproof and dustproof capabilities;
14. Use generalized, standardized, and modularized equipment, tools, components, and spare parts to reduce the complexity of equipment maintenance, reduce the variety, specifications, and number of spare parts, and provide necessary technical training and technical support.
The six-degree-of-freedom ship simulation training system is a powerful tool that can improve ship handling skills, enhance navigation safety, and optimize ship design and operation. With the continuous development of technologies such as virtual reality and artificial intelligence, the system will become more and more mature and popular. In the future, we can expect a more advanced and accurate simulation training system to provide ship operators with a more realistic and comprehensive training experience, and further promote the development of navigation technology and the improvement of navigation safety.